Saturday, November 17, 2007

Sleepless

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get a 3 month old to go to sleep?! It's only midnight- so not too bad yet, but she is as wide eyed and talkative as ever!



Sometimes she does really well. Like last night she went to bed at 10:00, but the night before was 1:00. She is so random! Once she falls asleep she'll sleep for 7-8 hours, it's just getting her to sleep that's the problem.

Well, early this morning I was able to go to the temple in Detroit with my friend Sarah. It is one of the smaller temples. I've never been to a small temple before so it was fun. Tyler stayed home with Brooklyn. (Although she slept for him! When I got home they were both asleep in bed!) After sleeping in with the baby Tyler spent the whole day studying.

5 comments:

Staci said...

Hey girl, I am so sorry she is having issues with the sleeping thing. I am not to good at this but here are a few suggestions. I would put Madi in her swing all by herself in a dark room wiht her bink and she would sleep or going on a drive in the car, try wrapping her up tight. Isaac used to put the girls on up on his shoulder and would bounce them up and down. Lately giving Madi a bath helps. They have that new bed time bath stuff. I can't think of anything else. You vould try keeping her up a little later or waking her up earlier so she is a little more tired. Keeping the girls on a achedule for the most part really helped to. I hope things get better. Call if you need anything. Staci

Anonymous said...

Your dad finally gave me your blo site when he found out that we didn't know it so now we can keep up on things.

Brooklyn may not sleep but she sure is cute. If you take the headbands off her head -- that squeeze her brain -- maybe she would sleep better? hahaha (this is Geri's opinion only.) Hopefully it is just a phase and soon you both will be getting the beauty sleep that neither of you need.

Julie M. said...

Sorry Min! I'm in the same boat with Gabi. Baths seem to help quite a bit, and if you play with her and make her giggle or talk a lot, that usually wears her out. If you get frustrated, gimme a call. Chances are that I'm still up, too!

Alia Calano said...

Your baby is adorable!! Ryan and I will be in Utah for christmas so we have to meet up so i can see your beautiful daughter!! Sorry she doesnt sleep normal. We have a kitty...and shes kinda the same way. She claws and meows and wakes us up every 50 mins. I guess thats not as bad as a baby..cause I can kick my kitty out of the room and shut the door. ahahah. Glad to hear things are going well. We miss our friends! :o)

Anonymous said...

I love to read the comments of others. I remember I had to drive Leah around the block to get her to go to sleep. The trick is not to wake Brooklyn up from car to bed. A warm bath also sounds good it works for me! (You know, I am in my 2nd childhood.) Also, maybe some warm milk or a lullaby, something soft and soothing.
Love, G'ma Carol