Saturday, November 3, 2007

Raisin Bread



Who knew I wouldn't become a master bread maker after I got my bread maker machine? I thought all you had to do was pour in all ingredients and voila! Apparently you still have to tweak things a little sometimes!

My first attempt at white bread came out with a sunken top and hard as a rock! The second loaf came out great! (I didn't have enough salt in the first loaf.)

Tonight we made cinnamon raisin bread! Yum! My first loaf was dry and when I tried to add the raisins they just stuck to the outside and didn't get mixed in.

The next one I added more water and it turned out great! The only problem is we ate half the loaf right after it was done!


4 comments:

Tiff said...

I'm impressed! I think with that first loaf - you should deem it the "dip-in-soup" loaf. Then it makes it seem intentional. ;)

I miss you. When's the next time you guys are coming to Utah?

Addi said...

FINALLY! I knew you'd come around and join the blogging world! Baby Brooklyn is SO cute. I hope I get to pinch those little cheeks soon and taste some of your raisin bread! :)

Anonymous said...

When making bread in a bread machine, I have found it helpful to stick with the water, salt and flour exactly the way the recipe calls for. The other ingredients could be fudged in any amount and you can't really overdue anything. The water, salt and flour have to be to the correct amounts.

Also, don't add bacon to any bread in your machine. I found this out the hard way.

There is a reason that bacon is not included in any bread machine recipe.

It just really sounded good at the time....

Dan said...

I'm the dan that made the above comment. I don't know how to use this comment thingy.