Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Detroit Auto Show

Last week we went to the Detroit Auto Show! We had a lot of fun.



These were the only views we saw of Detroit that didn't look like it was falling apart. We quite liked the view from here. If you blow up the sunset picture, the bridge under the sun leads to Canada. Who knew we were so close?


This was the first car we saw when we walked in and Tyler was just ecstatic! (Possibly his favorite car of the whole show.) He started spitting out some words I can only imagine were some sort of car dialect. He looked at me with the blank expression on my face as I said, "It looks cool!" Then he knew I didn't understand the language he was speaking and only talked the car dialect I knew for the rest of our adventure. Poor Tyler.

Here are a few of our favorite cars:




I think these MAYBACH cars even have enough leg space in the back for my long-legged family! Check out the recliner!




In the basement of the Arena, they had built this outdoor track that you could ride some of the cars around on. It was gorgeous! All the flowers, trees, and streams was a breath of fresh air with all the snow, ice and freezing temperatures outside. All the trees and flowers were real. I could've stayed there all night! Can't wait for spring!

4 comments:

Brendon said...

Sure looks like Brooklyn had fun! ;)

You are so funny! Car dialect...brilliant! I'll take the car with the long-legged room. That recliner looks nice.

You are such a good wife to go to something like that. You have always been one to be open to different things.

Dave and Jayme Richards said...

Looks like a good time. Woody, I found you guys! Jayme told me she had seen a blog for your fam so I googled your name and found it. I know I won't be running into you up here in Tremonton anytime soon since your folks are moving, but I just thought I'd say hey and try and get a hold of you some other time. You can catch up with us on the blog too www.davenjayme.blogspot.com

Take it easy man. Dave Richards

Addi said...

Fun outing. Have you even seen the movie "The Happiest Millionaire"? There's a song in it about Detroit that this post reminds me of. If you haven't seen it, you definitely need to rent it. Of course, keeping in mind there's a good musical with lots of laughs in store.

Staci said...

Oh my goodness, Brooklyn is getting so big. It looks like you all had fun.