Saturday, November 1, 2008

Halloween Fun

I've been told that holidays get to be a lot more fun when there are kids involed. This year we have found that to be true. We dressed Brooklyn up as "Our little Pumpkin" and had a blast at all of our Halloween Parties!



First we went to the Halloween Party at our Church. It was the first time Brooklyn had seen other kids dressed up and I think she was facinated by how different everyone looked!



Then we went Trick-or-Treating at Tyler's school. It was so fun to see all the kids lined up as they walked down the administration office getting candy. Brooklyn's favorite was the little box of Nerds. (They make noise when you shake them.)



Next was the Halloween Party at our apartment complex. We went had dinner, roasted marshmallows and went on a haunted hay-ride. The party was so fun!



After all those parties we were to tuckered out to go Trick-or-Treating on Halloween night. We stayed at home with our traditional chili and had a good time with some friends.

Brooklyn loved her costume so much! She kept wanting to put her Pumpkin pants on and wouldn't let me put on her PJ pants! And first thing this morning, she tried to put the whole outfit on again by herself.

We hope everyone else had as fun as we did on HALLOWEEN!

9 comments:

Brendon said...

I can't believe this. This is SOOOO funny. So, I just finished writing my Halloween post when I see you had posted. I got excited and went to your blog.

This is what we wrote simultaneously:

Steph - "It was fun, but I decided things like this and Halloween in general would be a lot more fun with kids. Someday..."

Mindy - "I've been told that holidays get to be a lot more fun when there are kids involved."

I just laughed! Made my day (it's been a long one).

I just love baby Brooklyn! I think it's hilarious that her favorite treat is the shaking nerds. And I love that she loves her costume. What a fun little girl.

Anonymous said...

Brooklyn is sooo cute!!! Man, I thought I had a lot of plans for Halloween, but you definitely had me beat. I'm glad you guys had fun.

Staci said...

Oh what fun. What a lucky girl to get to go out with Mom and Dad and have so much fun. She is so darling in her costume too.

Julie M. said...

She's getting SO big! She looks adorable, and it IS so much more fun with kids! :)

Tiff said...

She's so cute! :)

Anonymous said...

It's great to read how she enjoyed her costume. The Nerds making the noise sounds ... take a hint, the best Christmas present you could give her is a box she could crawl through!

kara said...

super cute! wish you were here so we could have fun with you. we miss you tons! can't wait to see you at christmas though.

Geri/Cindy said...

Way cute. I can't believe how big Brooklyn is getting. It's great to see pictures and feel like we are right there with you guys. Can't wait until Christmas.

Tiff said...

Hey min - I think I'm going to make my blog restricted so let me know what your email address is for blogspot so I can add you to the list.
Love ya! :)
Tiff