Saturday, September 13, 2008

Since we've been back

Ok, so I'm not very good at updating the blog. But here are some things we've done since we've been back in Michigan (almost a month now!)

Tyler has started school again. He seems to be liking it. He says his classes are a little tougher this semester than they were last year. His schedule is quite a bit different now. Two nights a week he has class until 7:15pm. Both Brooklyn and I are anxious for him to be home on those nights. But, he has Fridays off! Wahoo!! Too bad he has to study :0(

We took Brooklyn swimming for the first time! She was a little timid at first because the water was a little cold. But once we showed her she could splash, she didn't want to get out!



Brooklyn and I have been going on walks with some of our friends. It started with two of us and now we have 5! It's fun to talk to our friends in the morning and get a little bit of exercise in while we do it!
I went to the Farmer's Market for the first time. It took forever to get a parking spot, but once I finally did, it was really cool to see all the local vendors and all the stuff they had. I bought some sweet peaches, perfect apples, deep red tomatoes, corn, and green beans. I was really impressed with the quality of produce.

Brooklyn had a "Fisher-Price Play Date" last week. A friend in the ward entered a contest and won all these Fisher Price toys that we got to go play with! She had a blast.

And... Tyler had a Birthday! We weren't able to do much because he was feeling kinda sick. We were able to get the important things in though: presents, cake, and ice cream. He got a BBQ grill set (spatula, tongs, brush, and other BBQ gadgets) and a meat thermometer.




7 comments:

HaverTales said...

Hi Mindy! Your little girl is getting so big...maybe it's time for another one so our kids can be close in age :) just teasin...I'm glad you have a blog so I can see what you're up to! Are you coming home at all for the holiday?

Brendon said...

I have a picture of Brooklyn on my fridge and I take a few moments every now and again and admire her. Too bad you don't live in Missouri.

A walking group of five -- that sounds like so much fun!

Brittany said...

Happy Birthday Tyler! I'm so jealous I didn't get to see Brooklyn swim for her first time!

Staci said...

Hey Min, I love all the pictures they are so cute. It is so good to see some new pictures and to hear what you have been doing. Your little Brooklyn is so cute. I can't believe she is one already. I need to call you. I miss you.

Lori said...

Happy Birthday Tyler!!! We hope things continue to go well for you guys.

Mandi said...

i am so glad that we get to go walking! i love our big group, it is lots of fun.

Anonymous said...

We wish we could have been there to see Brooklyn have her 1st swimming adventure. Looks like it was GREAT fun. We end up saving about half the pictures from the blog. Can't wait to see y'all again!