Sunday, September 21, 2008

Power Outage

Last week our power was out for 5 hours. I missed the brunt of it because I was at a church activity. Tyler and Brooklyn had a fun time at home bathing in the dark with flash lights. My boy scout even pulled out his grill to warm up Brooklyn's bottle for her! What a good Dad! After I got home he grilled up some chicken for us. I got marshmallows out to roast, but the gas had run out by then!
It really made me think if we would really be ready if a natural disaster struck. I used to think we'd do pretty good, but after this little outage... I think we'd be in BIG trouble if we didn't have electricity!

6 comments:

Brendon said...

What a good boy scout daddy you have. That's so cute.

Yeah, I've definitely been thinking about food storage lately. Last year there were a number of ice storms...eek!

Lori said...

I knew Tyler should have been in 7th ward young mens.

HaverTales said...

Lol! What a handyman.

Unknown said...

Good thing you have a boy scout in the house. That looked like fun.

Brittany said...

Tyler is such a good daddy! I think I'd be in a lot of trouble too, if we had a natural disaster.

Brendon said...

Where's your new post?

(I've been a little more patient, knowing that I'm seeing you soon.)
YIPEE!! I'm SOOOO excited!

I just spent the last 30 min posting when I should've been writing cover letters...oops! :)